Welcome to the Palm View Neighborhood Association website where you will find many resources to learn more about our community including pictures of our beautiful historically designated neighborhood and homes, community information and resources, announcements, and more.
If we wish to rebuild our cities, we must first rebuild our neighborhoods
On February 9, 1999 the Historic Preservation Board approved the designation of the Palm View Historic District. The boundaries are located on the south side of Dade Boulevard between Lenox Court and Meridian Ave ending on the north side of 17th street.
The Palm View historic district represents the rapid rate of development in Miami Beach from 1915 to 1926. The district is part of Carl’s Fisher extensive land holdings that was sold to buyers during the 1920’s from his office at the top of the Van Dyke building on Lincoln Road.
The architectural style with the most significant concentration in the district is the Mediterranean Revival style; however, the district includes several architectural styles including post World War II structures. The historic district is predominantly residential with one-and two story single-family residences as well as low-rise apartment buildings. The buildings in the district possess artistic value in building form, materials, detail, ornamentation, interior design, and site features.